Wednesday 28 April 2010

1 vodka, 2 vodka, 10 vodka - MORE?

I love vodka - favourite alcoholic drink anyway. People don't tend to care so much about alcohol use than they do other things. It's like cigarettes, it seems more socially acceptable, I'm not sure why - I thought maybe because there more common and legal? Anyway excessive drinking is not good for your health and people should be aware of this before they go out and have a good time. I'm not trying to be a buzz kill and I'm definately not saying you shouldn't drink, but just think and be aware that you need to look after yourself, you never know where it might lead.

I find myself in a difficult position because a member of my family drinks a bottle of wine every night and no matter how many people tell them that it's bad and they need to stop - they just seem to not care and carry on. I'm running out of ideas and things I can say to scare them and I wish the media would increase their adverts on excessive drinking and perhaps start labelling bottles of wines with the same fearful words they place of fag packets.

Aside from these personal factors, I do enjoy a new cold alcoholic beverage at the end of the week and I like to go out, have a few drinks and have loads of fun with my mates!! I just want people to understand that too much of a nice thing can sometimes end in disaster. Know Your Limits!

If you have any issues - remember kids you can always http://www.talktofrank.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment